Thursday, June 18, 2009

GUT CHECK TIME: A good week thus far

Well I have to admit I have done very well this week.

Breakfasts: Oatmeal each morning with a touch of sugar so I'm not eating paste. Sometimes chased with a bowl of bran flakes.

Lunch: Lean Cuisine Panini on Monday and Wednesday, accompanied by an orange and a peach-mango apple sauce thingy. An additional sandwhich later in the day as a snack and an apple.

Tuesday's lunch brought much temptation, as the sales department thought it would be a good idea to have a pot-luck lunch. I had one coldcut sandwich on whole wheat bun, and 5 different kinds of salad. (Caesar, pasta, colslaw, potato and garden). I took no sweets, and, most important of all, no nacho chips and spicy cheese dip. That's right, I manned up in the face of nachos. Rare for M@.

All I've had to drink during the day has been water, except on Tuesday I had an orange Gatorade, and last night while BBQing I had an MGD. I know, beer during the week's a small slap in the face of this process, but when you're BBQing in 25 degree weather, beer's ok. Right? Right.

Supper's have been good, too. Tuesday night was leftover awesome fajita casserole, and last night was BBQed steak, onion and green pepper-kabobs, and brown rice.

So it's Thursday morning, and I'm down to an even 220 lbs. I've lost 2 pounds in 2 days. Not bad, should help me considerably in the month-long Challenge vs Swinny!

Speaking of challenges....


This is the 15 Week Challenge. Click on the logo to read all about Amy's good idea. I would normally volunteer for the challenge, but I'm already focussed on my current task at hand. However, if you're serious about weight loss, this is a fantastic blog, very inspiring, and the challenge is an awesome idea.

M@

No comments:

Post a Comment