Thursday, February 12, 2009

KEEPER POOL: Blockbuster Trade!

Made a significant move in the Keeper Pool today, reacquiring two LA Kings I previously traded away, this season. In Jack Johnson I've re-acquired an unproven but highly skilled defenseman, and with Patrick O'Sullivan, a forward who also hasn't reached his full potential, but could soon. I also acquired Phoenix rookie Kyle Turris, and San Jose defenseman Marc-Edouard Vlasic, along with a 3rd round pick.

I sent to 1st place Paul Swinwood my lower first round pick in 2009, a 4th in 2009, and a low 2nd rounder in 2010. Valuable picks to be sure, but I'm quite happy with my return.

With Turris, I get a player selected 4th overall in our pool this year, and with Vlasic, I get a Dman on pace for +40 points. Along with Johnson and O'Sullivan, I've added some solid depth to a team still growing. My roster, now at 25 players, looks like this:

FORWARD: Kane, Toews, Kessel, Zherdev, Turris, Mueller, O'Sullivan, Voracek, T. Ruutu, Cogliano, Penner, Svatos.

DEFENSE: Barker, Erik Johnson, Jack Johnson, Pietrangelo, Sekera, Vlasic, Carle, Campoli, Russel

GOALIES: Price, Dipietro, Rask, Pavelec.

At this point, I'm in sell mode, as I can only protect 17 of the above 25 players, meaning 8 will fall by the wayside unless I can move them for draft picks. Should be a tall order, but I think I can get a couple picks at least before the submission deadline in September.

Look for more moves before the March 4th deadline passes!

M@

No comments:

Post a Comment