Thursday, February 26, 2009

Chuck Norrii win 13-4

Chuck Norrii made it a convincing win this past Tuesday with a solid 13-4 thumping of Buck Dodgers. I was obviously unable to attend, but my co-captains filled me in on the action. Here are some excerpts from their emails:

NICK:

A pretty good game....it was 8 to 3 at the half, and they won the last game (before the all in). I was happy Simon had a strong game though, 'cause I started a bit slowly, and Sim won a few games for us early.

Play of the night was Simon catching a ball with his ankles (not even his knees!) while doing a typical Brassard. (spread-eagle leapfrog jump) What made it even funnier was that one guy on their team also caught one with his legs (knees) 2 games later. HA! The throw of the night belonged to Alex during the all-in game. In the previous game, I saw that guy not paying attention, running to pick up a ball near the line. So I winged one quickly at him, and caught his foot (the ball went right through his legs). His teammates razed him for the play. Then on the first throw of the last game, Alex threw a very hard throw towards him, and I guess he wasn't paying attention then either. It hit him square in the nuts and he bent over. I laughed very, very loudly. Just awesome.

One of their girls - I know she was frustrating the heck out of Sim, and I was finally happy when I caught one of her damn throws late. She would throw a mean, mean drop. Very hard to catch those. She caught Jeff on a nasty one early on. I was sitting right behind him and saw it drop and curve right towards his foot. Nothing he could do about that.

SIMMER:

We're just warming up and I hear "Our captain is the guy with the hat". I turned around and told Nicky I thought he was the co-captain. He looked at me with a huge grin as the opponent's captain walked up to me.

My best game was by far the 1st where I caught (no shit) 4 consecutive balls and on a roll until I threw one at the captain which she caught. I didn't much dodgin but sure got my practice in catching since we'll be missing Nick :( Poor Nicky had his hands full with the chick in the jeans.

I thought Mandy played awesome as she stood halfway up the side and sniped away at whoever threw from centre court. Alex is improving and throwing from center line instead of our back line lol And made some key catches. I pissed myself laughing when he reached back over the stage to retrieve a ball but got nailed in the back, NOT PAYING ATTENTION! The one girl at one point singled me out when they had all 4 balls and I yelled out "What did I do?" She has the meanest drop I've ever seen. Nick made some fingertip catches too but missed on a few of hers lol

No comments:

Post a Comment