Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Blog Overview

Welcome to my Blog. I've never had one before, but I hope you enjoy it:

The main focus of this site will be my life as a General Manager. Not at work, by day I'm just a lowly graphic designer. It's when I LEAVE work, I become a GM.

In 1999, in it's inaugural season, I became Owner, General Manager, and Captain of the Rogues Fastball Team. We are entering our 11th year, our 3rd in the BMFL, starting in May of 2009.

In 2003, I created the Sweat Hogs Ball Hockey Team, which I have been the Owner, General Manager and Captain of as well. We're currently playing in the OBHL, at the Hunt Club / Riverside Community Centre.

In 2003 I also co-founded the National Capital Poker Tour, and am currently 51% owner. I carry the title of NCPT Regional Manager, and my underling carries the title of Assistant (To The) Regional Manager. I haven't won a tourney since November of 2004. All the regulars make it a habit of reminding me.

In 2009 I took over the reins of Chuck Norrii, a rec Dodgeball Team playing in the OSSC on Tuesday nights. I've been a member since 2007. The name Norrii is the plural of Norris, as there are many of us.

I'm also the GM of my NHL Keeper Pool team. There'll be LOTS of discussion on this topic, as it's a constant source of stress and intrigue, as I follow my poor team through losing season after losing season, faintly hoping that maybe, MAYBE next year will be the year I get out of the cellar. I've built up quite a nice young team....it's just a matter of time!

I'm also bound to yack about TV, movies, music, sports in general, and anything I can think of to adequately waste your hours not doing your job at work while reading my blog. And I'll throw in the occasional Nathan pic as well, the best looking baby that ever existed in the entire history of the universe. (That's my nickname for him).

Anyways, hope you like.

#5

1 comment: