Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Spring Training Begins for The Rogues

Well, the snow has melted, the sun's come out, and all my other sports are done. That can only mean one thing, it's ball season! Far and away my favourite sport to play, fastball has been a part of my life I was dragged into it kicking and screaming by my dad way back in 1991. This year represents my 19th year playing fastball, my 11th as a member of The Rogues, the team I founded in 1999.

For a complete history and roster for The Rogues, check out our website:


This Saturday is our first practice of the season. The practice takes place at noon, and it's reported to be getting up to 26 degrees. We follow up the practice with our first game on Sunday May 3rd at 9pm against Exit A's, the team that swept us in our last 2 playoff series' in 2007 and 2008.


This year we're losing two players in Chris Amos and Kevin O'Grady. Kev comes back in 2010, but "Famous" retired from fastball after last season. His spot in the roster is being filled by a former teammate's of mine (And Amos's) Chris Fauteux, who if I remember correctly, gave Amos the nickname Famous, back in 1993. But I digest.

Our team's issue has always been hitting, so this season it's what I hope to work on mostly in practice. There's no one on our team that can't improve their numbers this year.

Anyways, with dodgeball and hockey now over, look for regular Rogues updates over the course of the summer. Full game summaries will appear on the main webpage, and I may repost them here as well. We play 24 regular season games, plus a minimum of 2 playoff games. Makes for a long season, but a great one. Even when we only go 5-15-1 like last year :(

Here's looking to improve on last season's record, and make it past the first round of the playoffs!

No comments:

Post a Comment